A fix for a nice chicken dish? Bring back the desirability of a chicken dish with this recipe of baked cheese stuffed chicken breast. Who can even resist the taste of cheese? This recipe is oozing with tasty goat cheese that we use to stuffed the well-seasoned chicken breast and paired with equally healthy veggies. The offbeat taste and creaminess of a goat cheese liven up the taste of the somewhat boring chicken breast and together they create a pleasant savory flavor that will satisfy your tummy even more.
Cheese goat has a wide range of taste as it comes in several varieties. Its taste can be from pungent, strong and complex to delicate and mild. It can also be “farmy” in taste or other refer to as barnyard taste. There’s the unripened and ripen type of cheese goat. The unripened goat cheese is the fresh variety type. It has a strong flavor and smell. It is usually moist and has a fresh creamy texture. This is the type that we usually enjoy to crumble or top over salads and stuffed in chicken breast. The ripened variety, on the other hand, is the type that was aged and allowed to ripen for 12 weeks. It has a firmer texture that can be grated and has a distinct flavor.
Chicken breast is also as healthy as the goat cheese can be. Much of the flavor of the chicken comes from the bones and skin. In this recipe, I will use chicken breast with the skin on to savor more of the natural taste of the chicken. It is very hard to buy a chicken with skin on in Aussie market usually the skin is discarded when you buy it so what I usually do is buy the whole chicken and cut the chicken breast with the skin on. Funny but that’s the only way to have a chicken breast with skin on.
To make this dish healthier I have included healthy veggies to go with it. It is big pus for this dish but of course, this is optional in most of my recipes. You can either have it or not depends on your preference.
This dish is lean with all the goodness of goat cheese, chicken breast and a variety of salad which you can’t get from any restaurants. If you happen to fancy this baked cheese stuffed chicken breast, then try out our recipe that comes with a step by step guide on how you can cook it flawlessly. All ingredients are available in your leading local supermarkets.
Baked Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast
Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 chicken breast with skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ oz sundried tomato strips
- ½ oz pistachio nut
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 6 sprig of thyme
- 1 tomato cut into 8 wedges
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 oz green bean
- 1 oz roast capsicum cut into strips
- 1 small red onion sliced
Marsala Chicken Gravy Sauce
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon chicken gravy powder
- ½ oz unsalted butter
Baked Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 220*C
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat
- Sear chicken breasts skin side down until the skin golden brown
- Turn to the other side for 1 minute
- Lift chicken out and place on a baking tray
- Mix goat cheese, pistachio nut, sundries tomato, thyme leaves from two sprigs of thyme and set aside
- Use a small sharp knife insert into the center of chicken breast to make a hole. Be careful not to cut through the breasts
- Use hand to stuff the cheese mixture into chicken breast holes
- Place chicken breast back on the tray and put tomato wedges drizzle with olive oil and salt, pepper on the side of the stuffed chicken breast. Scatter with the remaining sprig of thyme
- Put the tray with tomato wedges and chicken breasts in the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked
- Meanwhile, mix half of the chicken stock with chicken gravy powder
- Return the pan to sear the chicken breasts to the heat
- Poor marsala wine and the remaining stock to the pan
- Cook on low heat to reduce the sauce until it is lightly thickened
- Stir in chicken gravy and let it boil
- Turn off the heat put butter in, stir well and keep the sauce warm
- Boil the green bean just 3 minutes before taking the chicken breasts out of the oven
- Arrange green bean, capsicum, onion, roast tomato wedges on plates Top with chicken breasts and pour the sauce over, then sever
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 34.2 g
Saturated Fat 15.5 g
Cholesterol 132 mg
Sodium 416 mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 39.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope that you enjoy cooking our featured recipe. If you have comment, suggestions, and questions regarding this recipe, please feel free to jot them down. All recipes are kitchen tested. If the dish doesn’t come out as you expect it, please feel free to message us and we will be happy to provide troubleshooting to pinpoint on what went wrong and remedied it with some adjustments. Share this recipe with your friends and family who delights in good food. Stay subscribed to our website for the more exciting recipe.