Want a hearty dish that is scrumptious and healthy? Beefsteak with watercress and salsa is a good blend of protein and veggies. This is one good dish that can satisfy your palate and at the same time sustain your healthy lifestyle. It won't feel heavy in the tummy but it will keep you full and energized.
Let me fill you in on some interesting stuff regarding the ingredients that are in this dish. Served fresh in this dish is salsa. It is known to be a Spanish sauce used as a condiment. It has tomatoes that can be a great source of Lycopene and onions that has vitamin C. Additionally, salsa being a Paleo diet friendly goes very well with beef steak and complements each other nicely in terms of goodness. We use the scotch fillet cut for our beef. It’s a cut that is in the rib section of the beef. Its middle internal fat enhances the flavor and texture of the meat that makes it juicier, tender and flavorsome and is cooked over medium rare perfection. The watercress in this dish is an added bonus having loads of antioxidant. It’s a low carb high protein dish that is dressed in balsamic vinegar and garlic olive oil. If you love the watercress going with other types of protein source, we have the meal called prawn and avocado salad for you
Balsamic vinegar is dark and intensely flavored vinegar that is made of fermented grapes and originally comes from Italy. Its taste is being enjoyed internationally and used in flavoring meat, fish, chicken, and salads. It has health benefits as well such as having antioxidants that help repair damage cell and improve overall immunity. Garlic olive oil has all the great of health benefits in garlic that can boost immunity among others plus we all know that olive oil is a good fat that is heart friendly.
Aside from the good things that this dish is made of, you will also enjoy the outburst mixture of flavors inside it. It has the sour and salty taste that comes from balsamic vinegar and garlic olive oil, sweet and sour that is in tomatoes and the awesome nutrient packed bitterness that is from the watercress.
With all the delightful knowledge about this dish, it can be said that this is indeed one wholesome nutritious food that is fit to keep you going and satisfied. So, how about giving it a try and devour all its healthy goodness. Here with our step by step guide to making it, you can be assured that it is easy to follow and will be worth your time as it is so delicious and appetizing. Enjoy and have a blast.
Serves: 2 serves
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Beef scotch fillet with watercress and tomato salsa ingredients
- 2 x 0.25lb (120g) scotch fillet steak, fat trim
- 2 tomatoes, take out the seeds, cut into small cubes.
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small cubes.
- 1/8 cups (20g) basil, tough stems removed, tear leaves into smaller pieces
- 2 cups watercress sprigs, or rocket lettuce.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- Extra virgin garlic infused olive oil
- Balsamic Glaze.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Beef scotch fillet with tomato salsa directions
1. Prepare all ingredients, cut up tomatoes and onion, see pictures
2. Rub both sides of the steaks with cooking oil. Sprinkle sea salt and leave for 5 mins.
3. Cook the steak in a heated non-stick frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking (I like medium-well). Turn only once. Take the steak out of the frying pan. Set aside on a plate, covered with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4. For tomato salsa: combine cut tomatoes, red onion, basil, sea salt in a bowl. Mix all ingredients well and set aside to amalgamate the flavors.
5. Now prepare and garnish the meal. First, arrange watercress, steaks on the plate. Then place beef steak on. Top with tomato salsa, a bit of ground black pepper. Drizzle balsamic glaze, and olive oil. A good idea to have with a piece of lime.
That is one awesome treat for you! Making it wasn’t that hard at all and the best thing is that you can simply have it every time you want to have a more delicious and healthy dish such as this. You can also share this recipe with your friends and family so they too can experience its delectable taste and goodness. Just click the share button. If you happen to have questions or suggestion on the featured recipe, kindly type it into the comments box and we will be happy to answer all your queries. Thank you and subscribe to this website for more interesting recipes.