With this tutorial will show you how to make a cute edible fondant cat cake topper step by step, this edible cat is simply perfect for any occasions cake, can be made smaller for a cupcake topper. Just needs some simple tools, you can make any shades or colors modeling paste you like, nice for any crouching cat lover
Materials and ingredients
>Satin Ice rolled fondant
>Satin Ice gum paste
>Ameri Color - Chocolate Brown
>Ameri Color - Egg Yellow
Tools and equipment
>Fondant and gum paste modeling tools
>Sugarcraft fondant/gum paste mat
>Mini pocket scale
>Fondant rolling pin
Modeling Paste Recipe
>50gr Satin Ice Fondant
>50gr Satin Ice Gumpaste
>Pinch of CMC powder to make the paste set more quickly
Combine and knead 2 paste together first, then add a pinch of CMC powder, knead all together until smooth. Then add the Americolor and keep kneading until achieved the smooth modeling paste again
>18gr white (leave modeling paste blank - no color added)
>4gr cream ( 4gr modeling paste - 1 drop Americolor - egg yellow)
>78gr brown (78gr modeling paste - 2-3 drops Americolor - chocolate brown)
>Pinch black (modeling paste + black color)
Video how to make a fondant cat
Please type your email to unlock video
Fondant cat directions
- Scale the body at 28gr using brown paste, roll the paste into egg shape, then at the end little point, flat it down a bit in preparation for the cat head
- With the head, I did use 14gr of brown modeling paste, mould it int a cone shape, stick the head to the body at step 1 by using edible glue.
- Now making 2 back legs from 14gr brown modeling paste, mould into 2 teardrops, make it a little bit flat, then use edible glue to attach 2 legs to two sides of the cat abdomen. Then make 2 cat paws (using niddle tool) from plain modeling paste exactly the same as back legs method
- 2 front cat legs from 7gr brown paste (3gr each), again shape into 2 teardrops then elongate it. Then stick and tuck the thin end under the head with edible glue, make 2 paws again and indent to 2 front legs
- Use a little bit of brown paste, using your palm rolling it into sausages to make cat hair strands, attach them to the head using edible glue
- Making the bow using all 4gr of egg yellow paste. See more details how to make it in the video clip.
- Mould 2 tiny pinches white modeling paste into teardrops to make cat eyes, then adding 2 black dots into 2 teardrops using edible glue, then stick all to the cat head.
- This step will make the muzzle, nose. With 7gr of white paste, cut and mould it into 2 round balls, attach to the face with glue, then use niddle toll to pin it, make it looks like whiskers. Then use a pinch of white paste, sausage and flat it, attach to the under muzzle with edible glue to make cat mouth. Finally shape a pinch of the rest black paste into a pyramid for cat nose, using glue to attach to the face
- Use 2 pinches of brown paste to make 2 teardrops for 2 ears, the use flower tool veining tool to make the centre of teardrops flat, the add tiny white teardrop pastes to the centre of 2 ears, attach them to the head.
- Make the cat tail from the rest of brown paste, sausage and elongate it, wave it the tuck it to the abdomen, secure with edible glue, then hold the tail to its position for a while till it set.