This roast duck breast with beetroot potato and balsamic sauce is wonderful for dinner in the autumn, winter or any occasion with family and friends
To roast the vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 200'C
2.Place the beetroot, potato, garlic cloves into a roasting tray and toss with two tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Scatter with sprigs of thyme. Do not mix up beetroot with potatoes or they will get a mixed color
3.Put the tray of vegetables in the oven for 45 minutes
4.Remember to stir vegetables for even cooked
To roast duck breasts
5. When the vegetables are in the oven for 15 minutes, season the duck breast with salt and pepper
6. Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
7. Lay the duck breasts skin side down and cook for 6 minutes or until the skin golden brown. Turn to the other side and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Transfer the duck breast to another baking tray with the skin facing up.
9. Put the tray with duck breasts into the oven and roast for 7 minutes
To make the sauce
10. When the vegetables and duck breasts in the oven, use the pan which is used to cook the duck breasts, take out all of the duck fat and keep aside
11. Add balsamic and port wine to the pan and let it bubble for 1 minute, then add the stock and reduce to a thicken sauce.
12. Turn off the heat and keep the sauce warm
13. When the duck breast is cooked, removes from the oven
14. Place the duck breast on a plate cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes
15. Remove the vegetables, add 1 tablespoon duck fat and toss well
16. Place the vegetables back in the oven and continue to roast until the potato is golden brown and beetroot is cooked through
Divide roast vegetables between two plates. Slice the duck breasts and transfer them to plates. Top with watercress and baby spinach and spoon over the sauce then serve
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24.8 g
Saturated Fat 2.8 g
Sodium 17 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41.5 g
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 39.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe by SweetenTheWorld at https://sweetentheworld.com/roast-duck-breast-with-beetroot-potato-and-balsamic-port-wine-sauce/